Sashimi Tuna Salad
This Sashimi Tuna Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing is a delicious, gluten free treat with a dressing straight out of your favourite sushi restaurant!
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium-sized tuna steaks (fresh or frozen..though I recommend fresh for flavour!)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sesame seeds, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 cup wonton or tortilla strips (optional)
Carrot Ginger dressing
- 1/2 medium sized carrot, grated
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
In a Magic Bullet, blender or food processor, blend ingredients for dressing. Set aside.
Meanwhile, prepare veggies and divide evenly among four large salad bowls. Season tuna with salt and pepper before coating in sesame seeds.
Add olive oil to a large frying pan over high heat. Wait until oil is smoking, then add tuna steaks, searing for 30 seconds per side. Remove from heat and slice with a sharp knife, adding half of each steak to each salad.
Garnish each salad with sesame seeds and wonton strips, then add dressing. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 23.1mg | Calcium: 720mg | Iron: 4.5mg