Mason Jar Instant Noodles
These DIY Mason Jar Instant Noodles are the perfectly quick and easy on-the-go lunch
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 Mason jars 1L
- 1 chicken breast boiled and shredded
- 1 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp Sriracha chili garlic hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup each julienned broccoli stems carrots, yellow peppers, green onions
- Half red chili pepper thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 package rice vermicelli noodles
- Sunflower sprouts and cilantro for garnish
To shred chicken, boil in a large pot of hot water for 12-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Pull apart with your hands or with a fork once cooled.
Divide the shredded chicken into each mason jar evenly, then add soy sauce, Sriracha and lime juice.
Layer in vegetables, then drop in bouillon cubes. Sprinkle in chili pepper if desired. Finally, finish with vermicelli noodles and keep in fridge until ready to eat.
Pour boiling water up to about two-thirds of the jar and stir contents, making sure to dissolve bouillon cube completely and saturate noodles. Microwave jar for 1-2 minutes if you're looking to eat the noodles right away.
Pour contents into large bowl when ready to eat (should be within 5 minutes of pouring boiling water) and eat right away!
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 57.5g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 3g