White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches (Video!)
These White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches are sure to become your new favourite summer dessert – just don't forget the extra sprinkles!
I'm SO excited to be back with my second video. And I'm also super excited to announce that I'll be officially going on vacation today wooooo hoooooo! For a glorious four days that is 😉 I mean, it's hard out here for a business owner – it's nearly impossible to get away. But I guess you could say that's the price of being able to do something you love everyday, right? I mean, somedays I wake up wondering what I did to be able to get up and work with food every single day. I've found my calling and it's truly a blessing. Sorry, but you'd be glowing and happy everyday too if you got to photograph (and eat hehehe) these White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches!!!
OMG can you say absolutely droolinggggg?
There's really only one thing that I have to warn you about when it comes to these White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches, and it's that you REALLY have to make them right away. Not even because they're so tasty (okay, well, they are that tasty), but because the cookies alone are so irresistible that you might just find yourself missing some cookies by the time you get around to making them.
Yes, I'm for real.
Now being the non-baker that I usually am, I thought it was about time to treat myself. Lucky for me in a way, my family was able to gobble up all these White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches before I even had the temptation to dig into them at all. Actually, I'm not really sure if that makes me so lucky. But I digress…
I hate to get back into my struggles of a full-time food photographer (first world problems, right?), but I think the hardest thing for me is trying to eat healthier and abstain from so many treats. I've been drinking wayyyyyyyy too many cocktails (who can resist Peach Gin Fizzes, Watermelon & Coconut Poptails or Raspberry Slushies?!) and indulging in too many desserts like this Treatzza Pizza so even though I'm pumped about these ice cream sandwiches, I am kind of ready to get back into more of a routine in the fall.
But anyways, for now, summer is still going strong and it's time to indulge and enjoy the great weather while we all still can. And the more that these White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches are involved in my summer routine, the better.
Now get your butt off the computer and start whipping up these White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches, stat!!! And remember, if you try any of my recipes, be sure to let me know on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook – I’d love to hear from you and exchange foodie pics! <3
*Cookie recipe adapted from Crisco's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sprinkles plus more for decorating
- 1 tub vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat shortening and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat for 30 seconds to 1 min.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt into large glass measuring cup. Mix into shortening mixture one-third at a time until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls a couple inches apart onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 7-8 min, watching closely. If needed, let cook for an additional min for crispier cookies. Cool 2 min then remove to wire rack to cool completely. If you want your ice cream sandwiches faster, cool cookies down in freezer for 10 min.
- Once cookies are cool, place one generous scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies, then press down. Using a butter knife, remove excess ice cream around edges. Dip ice cream sandwiches in a bowl of sprinkles, covering all sides of ice cream edges.
- Freeze for another hour until cookies are firm - you can eat them right away technically but working with ice cream can be difficult as it tends to melt very fast which leads to melty cookies. It may be hard to wait but I know you can do it 😉
You'll know where to find me this weekend. Oh, just in a mountain of cookies, no big deal. 😉