Here are the BEST Meal Prep Containers and Tools that help me keep on track with my weekly meal prep! Say goodbye to takeout and hello to healthy homemade meals that save you time and money!
Disclosure: Please note that these are affiliate links – I will get paid a small percentage of the sale if you make a purchase. This is money that helps keep my blog up and running so I can continue to send you free recipes 🙂 There is no extra cost to you whatsoever and I only recommend products I genuinely love from companies I trust!
Have you ever wanted to be healthier and more organized when it comes to your work week lunches? Maybe you decide to start creating just one or two beginner meal prep recipes a week, like a sheet pan recipe or egg cups .
When it comes to sticking to your weekly meal prep, you're going to want to make sure you have the right tools for the job.
Here are THE BEST Meal Prep Containers and Kitchen Tools:
- Glass meal prep bowls – these are my fave because you can easily reheat your leftovers in the microwave and they're dishwasher safe!
- Mason jars – these are great for salads where you're layering a bunch of different ingredients. Dressing goes in the bottom with your protein and acts as a marinade, while your lettuce stays fresh up top!
- Salad containers – if you're not a fan of the mason jar, these salad containers are key for separating your dressing!
- Rice Cooker – a rice cooker can cook more than just rice! Prep your quinoa, couscous and other whole grains ahead of time with ease. No second guessing or burning either!
- Bento box – these are so fun for your work week lunches and are super kid friendly! Keep everything separated with a bento box, snacks and all!
- Instant Pot – I would be lost without my Instant Pot! It can quickly batch cook gigantic recipes so if I'm in a rush or have no time to cook a certain week, I will make a big batch of chicken and rice in it and I've got lunch all week long!
- Foil Containers – these are SO perfect for freezer-friendly foods. I'll make a big batch of lasagna once or twice a year and freeze it in these containers, then I have a hot meal that can be heated in the oven after a long workday.
- Freezer bags – they are so perfect for freezing a bunch of meals that you can thaw on the counter and then dump in the crock pot
- Crock pot – speaking of crock pots…it's a lifesaver for busy weeknights! Cook everything while you're at work and come home to a hot meal!
- Ziploc bag holder – these are awesome for when you're making a marinade and need to put your chicken breasts in the bag with no mess. They're also awesome for if you're making some freeze ahead recipes. You can just add all the ingredients one at a time!
- Slow cooker liners – Experience mess-free slow cooking with these liners!
- Tongs – I know this tool seems super basic, but they really help with plating and putting all your leftovers away!
- Kitchen Scale – Know exactly how much meat you're using for a recipe with this handy kitchen scale
- Sheet pans and muffin tins – you can never have too many of these on hand!
- Vitamix – I absolutely LOVE my Vitamix! It helps me make homemade sauces in a flash and you can often freeze leftover sauces for future recipes