Thai Red Coconut Curry Noodle Bowls
These Thai Red Coconut Curry Noodle Bowls are a delicious twist on the traditional red curry stir fry – perfect for those chilly early fall nights!
Say hello to my new favourite weeknight dinner.
Yeah, I know I say that a lot. But seriously though, just look at these big bowls of deliciousness!
These Thai Red Coconut Curry Noodle Bowls are a noodle bowl version of my favourite Thai curry – if you remember my ultimate homemade green curry paste recipe from last year, you'll know that I hunted for the most traditional and authentic ingredients from international grocery stores in Toronto, and I have to say these pastes have a real restaurant-quality taste.
I'm talking a genuine takeout copy-cat here folks. You'll never go back to store-bought curry paste again.
We're heading into the fall season, so besides all kinds of noodle bowls, that also means we get to enjoy all kinds of delicious, seasonal eats. This Pomegranate Glazed Steak with Sweet Potato Puree & Rainbow Carrots, this Butternut Squash Ravioli with Red Pepper Cream Sauce or these crazy good Napa Cabbage Rolls with Quinoa are just some of the ideas I have up my sleeve. 😉
I don't know about you but pretty much as soon as August ends each year, I'm already counting down to Halloween!
But even better than an excuse to stuff your face with comfort food is the entertaining aspect and the get togethers that come along with the season.
In fact, when the weather gets cold one of my favourite things to do is invite over some girlfriends, organize a charcuterie platter or tapas board, grab a big bottle of wine and just catch up in a warm and cozy space while the wind howls outside and the air feels crisp.
However, for today, these tasty, cozy Thai Red Coconut Curry Noodle Bowls will do.
Grab a big bowl, and prepare to Netflix and chill solo.
Or with a group.
This recipe certainly makes more than a few servings (or leftovers)! 😉
Thai Red Coconut Curry Noodle Bowls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 chicken breasts cubed
- 2 tbsp red curry paste either homemade or storebought...though I highly recommend homemade!
- 2 small cans full-fat coconut milk or 1 large can
- 1 can baby corn drained and chopped
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 2 Carrots sliced
- 1/2 each red and green bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 package rice noodles cooked
Red Curry Paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- tsp ¼nutmeg
- 2 tsp coriander
- 3 tbsp dried red chills
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 small shallots chopped
- 1 inch piece galangal minced, or ginger
- 1 tsp inch piece turmeric root minced (or 1dried turmeric)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ lemongrass stalk chopped
- tsp ½salt
- tsp ½pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp water
- Add olive oil to a large frying pan on med-high heat. Once hot, add garlic and chicken, sauteeing for 5 min.
- Add red curry paste (you can add more or less than 2 tbsp depending on your spice tolerance...generally store-bought is far less spicy than the homemade version), then coconut milk.
- Add baby corn, broccoli florets and carrots, then saute for 3-4 min.
- Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to package directions (generally not for more than 1-2 min in boiling water).
- Add bell peppers and rice noodles to pan, stirring well to combine.
- Serve in deep bowls, garnishing with cilantro and lime.
- To make red curry paste: Roast dry spices (cumin, nutmeg, coriander) in frying pan over med-high heat for approx 1-2 min until fragrant. Remove from heat. Soak red chilis in hot water up to a minute. Blend all ingredients (including roasted spices) in a Magic Bullet or food processor. Add water as needed, but try not to add any at all if possible.
Serve me up a big bowl of this, stat!