This Sour Frankenstein Halloween Cocktail is perfect for your spooky party – it’s really just a cucumber margarita in disguise!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Tequila – this drink would also be good with vodka, gin, rum or whisky. Leave out the alcohol for a fun mocktail!
- Limes – the limes are pretty integral to this recipe, so I wouldn’t recommend leaving them out.
- Cucumber – you can leave out the cucumber and add 2 extra limes instead.
- Salt – to taste.
- Sugar – use any cup-for-cup sugar substitute of your choice.
- Corn syrup – use sugar dissolved in warm water or honey instead.
- Red food colouring – you’ll need the red to get the blood colour, but green would also be fun.
- Cornstarch – potato starch might also work.
How to make Frankenstein cocktails
- Mix together the simple syrup.
- Make the fake blood.
- Blend the margarita mix.
- Add simple syrup to the margarita mix.
- Rim the glasses with fake blood.
- Add tequila, serve and enjoy!
How to make the fake blood rimmer
The fake blood rimmer comes together with some simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand in your pantry! It's totally optional to add it, but if you're serving these drinks on Halloween, then you just HAVE to add that spooky effect for your guests! Here's what you need for the rimmer:
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 5 drops red food colouring
- ¼ cup cornstarch
All you have to do is mix all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl, then freeze for 15 minutes.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
Frequently Asked Questions
You sure can! Since the tequila is added at the very end, you can easily turn this Frankenstein cocktail into a Frankenstein mocktail. Just leave out the alcohol – it’ll still be just as delicious.
If you’re not a fan of cucumbers or you just don’t have any on hand, swap out the cucumber for an additional two limes.
This Halloween cocktail has 193 calories per serving.
More easy Halloween recipes
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- My Vitamix is a must have for sauces, soups and purees as well as making this drink!
- An Immersion blender is a cheaper way to blend things up.
Sour Frankenstein Halloween Cocktail
- 6 oz tequila divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
- 4 limes juiced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 5 drops red food colouring
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Start by freezing glassware to ensure an extra cold glass.
- Mix together boiling water and sugar to create simple syrup. Put in the fridge or freezer to let cool.
- Meanwhile, make fake blood syrup by mixing all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Freeze for 15 min.
- Using a blender or Magic Bullet, blend water, limes, cucumber and salt until mixture is well blended.
- Strain using a fine mesh sieve to get rid of cucumber pulp. Add simple syrup and stir well.
- Rim each glass in fake blood. Some of it will drizzle slightly down the sides.
- Add 1.5 oz tequila and a handful of ice to each glass, then top up with margarita mix. Serve and enjoy!