Pumpkin Chai and Liquorice Martinis
These Pumpkin Chai and Liquorice Martinis are the spookiest adult treat to ring in Halloween with this year, and a smooth cocktail made with spiced black tea, orange juice and liquorice syrup.
Oh, Halloween. It is HANDS DOWN my favourite holiday.
So much so that I continued to trick or treat and watch Halloween kids movies right up until I was 16.
Well, I have to admit for nostalgia's sake, I still do watch some of my favourite Halloween movies from my childhood with my brother almost every year, like Mr. Boogedy, Ernest Scared Stupid, Under Wraps and Beetlejuice. We have great taste, okay? And I just gave you some links to some true classics in case YOU wanna watch this year! 😉
And if you're looking for some tasty adult treats to enjoy those movies with, then I HIGHLY suggest these Pumpkin Chai and Liquorice Martinis, if I do say so myself.
I mean, they have candy in them. That counts for something right?
They make the most delicious Halloween cocktails, in case you're like me and can only handle so much candy anymore. These martinis have just the right hint of liquorice and spicy black pumpkin chai tea – I get mine from David's Tea and it is my absolute FAVOURITE fall tea.
Besides Halloween, I really love fall because it's a season of good food, like this Brown Butter Butternut Squash Gnocchi for one.
Three, you also get to mow down on unlimited Fall Tapas and drink way too many glasses of red wine with your girlfriends.
And last (well, BEST) of all, Halloween is an amazing excuse to get dressed up, scare yourself silly with creepy adventures, horror movies, and spooky games and ghost stories!
Yes, I really am a grown-up kid at heart when it comes to this special holiday.
I mean how can you not love love love Halloween? The weather is just perfect for movies, and considering all the outdoor time we spent in the summer you really just need to curl up and hibernate inside by the end of it.
I mean, I need every excuse I can find to curl up on the couch with a good movie and this Candy Corn Caramel Popcorn. Not to mention the beautiful leaves and fall foliage we are so lucky to have in Southern Ontario.
Will you be making these Pumpkin Chai and Liquorice Martinis? If you try any of my recipes be sure to let me know on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or in the comments – I would love to hear what you're going as for Halloween!
Pumpkin Chai and Liquorice Martini
- 6 oz pumpkin chai tea cooled
- 6 oz liquorice simple syrup
- 4 oz orange juice plus extra in a little dish for rimming...juice of about 2 oranges
- 4 oz vodka
- 1 oz lemon juice
- Handful ice cubes
- white sugar for rimming
- Orange peel for garnish
Liquorice simple syrup
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 10 black liquorice sticks cut into small pieces
- Make the pumpkin chai tea and liquorice simple syrup ahead of time, then let cool in fridge for about an hour or so. Make these two items ahead of time for even faster cocktail prep, or let cool in freezer for 20 min if you're in a rush!
- Optional: chill martini glasses ahead of time for an extra cold drink.
- Using a shot glass to measure each ounce, add all ingredients to a large shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, rim martini glasses by dipping them in orange juice then coating them in sugar.
- Drain cocktails evenly into 4 chilled and rimmed martini glasses. Garnish with an orange peel and serve!
Now gimme a glass (or two, or three)!