Peach Gin Fizz Cocktails
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Loblaws Companies Inc.. All opinions are 100% mine – thanks for supporting the brands that help keep my blog up & running!
Have you ever had a peach so juicy you had to sit over a garbage can to eat it? I'm not always a big peach fan, but once the middle of August hits and local Ontario peaches from the Niagara region grow ripe, I become a serious peach fanatic.
These Peach Gin Fizz Cocktails are absolutely the most amazing, delicious way to enjoy local, juicy peaches. If you haven't already tried peach puree in cocktails, then you're seriously missing out. The natural sweet-tangy flavour of summer peaches is the perfect addition to the fizziness of club soda and is really the kick you're looking for in a cocktail.
I used to go to this peach festival a few times as a kid in the Winona region of Southern Ontario (it's also known as wine country! :D). My aunt and uncle lived next to a vineyard and every year we would go as a family to the peach festival, which had all kinds of peach desserts like cobblers, sundaes, pies and pretty much anything you could possibly think of. I think there were even peach-themed rides! I haven't been in years, but would love to go back this year now that I'm living back in Hamilton for a bit and starting to love peach season all over again.
Peaches are a summertime staple, whether you love them in desserts, cocktails or enjoy them in savoury, delicious salads. There is just something about the fruit that reminds me of the golden last days of summer, when the corn and hay fields are tall and ready for harvesting and there is just a hint of sweetness left in the air. The days of summer slushies, BBQs and burgers are nearing an end, but at least tomatoes, peaches and corn are all delicious local veggies that we can still enjoy while they're in their prime.
Now if you didn’t tune in for my Peppery Balsamic and Garlic Fiddleheads recipe in May, my Grilled Asparagus Flatbread in June or the Grilled Sockeye Salmon with Avocado Salsa in July, then not only are you seriously missing out on some good eats but you're also missing out on an AMAZING Instagram contest that Loblaws is hosting in celebration of their Food Alert Items!
Since each Food Alert item will only be available for a limited time, you have to run out and grab it soon for your chance to win your next grocery shop, up to $250! Now that's A LOT of peach cocktails out on the back deck am I right?
Now since I KNOW you're going to want in, here's how to enter the contest:
- Follow @LoblawsON on Instagram
- Ensure that your Instagram account is public (i.e. account privacy set to “off”)
- Upload an original picture to your Instagram that highlights the monthly Food Alert Item – this month it’s Ontario peaches
- Include #WeLoveFood and #ShareTheFoodLove in your Instagram post
- Maybe come over and make me a peach cocktail or two…? (just kidding!)
So will you be trying these Peach Gin Fizz Cocktails? What are some of your favourite summer cocktails? If you try any of my recipes be sure to let me know in the comments, on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook – I’d love to hear from you!
Peach Gin Fizz Cocktails
- oz Half medium-large Ontario peach skin removed and pureed (reserve 2puree for each glass)
- Handful of ice
- 3 oz gin divided
- 1 cup club soda divided
- slices Peachfor garnish
- Thyme sprigs for garnish optional
- In a blender or Magic Bullet, puree half a peach, skin removed. Strain two or three times using a fine mesh sieve to remove as much pulp as possible.
- Add a handful of ice to two cocktail glasses, then add 2 oz of peach puree to each. Add 1.5 oz gin then 1/2 cup club soda to each glass. Garnish with peach slices and thyme sprigs.