Jalapeno Popper Burgers
These Jalapeno Popper Burgers are going to make you question every other burger's existence in your life. Filled with cheddar cheese and charred jalapeños, these things are life-changing!
Guys, I have three words. Jalapeño. Popper. Burgers. Has there ever been anything more miraculous?
I can't even stand how good these burgers are. And they're simple too: stuff whatever your little heart desires inside, load end up with toppings, and chow down. Does summer cooking even get any easier?
Even if they look kind of complicated, I promise you'll be surprised to learn how easy these Jalapeno Popper Burgers are to make – and honestly, I can see them customized in so many ways. I mean, have you ever tried a stuffed burger before? My life has honestly been changed forever for the better.
Now there's a bit of a battle between what kind of jalapeño poppers are the best in my household. My dad absolutely adores the cheddar ones, and I like the cream cheese ones. Okay, maybe I have a hard time choosing between the two, but I do tend to agree with the old man. He really knows what he's talking about when it comes to cheese. He's not a picky eater, but he does love his cheese – and cheddar's the way to go!
I have not had nearly enough BBQs this year, but I've been out and about on the run so often it's been hard to slow down. I find myself missing my Toronto patio from last year sometimes this summer – did you know I used to grill on the 22nd floor of my condo building right at the heart of Yonge and Bloor?! OMG it was the best. I miss the city sometimes but it can be overwhelmingly busy. I think I'll take the backyard BBQ here any day over having to go up to the roof to grill, even if I do sometimes miss Toronto.
Nostalgia aside, will you be trying these Jalapeno Popper Burgers?! If you try any of my recipes be sure to let me know in the comments, on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. I'd love to see what you're grilling this year!
Jalapeno Popper Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes (or 1/2 small onion grated)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper grilled, sliced and seeds removed
- olive oil
- red onion
- Romaine lettuce
- Crinkle cut pickles
- Preheat BBQ to med-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, mustard, onion flakes, salt and pepper. Separate beef into 8 balls, then flatten each as much as possible.
- Meanwhile, grill jalapeño for 3-4 min until cooked. Remove from grill, then remove seeds and chop.
- Top four of the burgers with cheese and charred jalapeño. Add the other burger on top, sealing all sides carefully. Wet hands with water to finish shaping burgers, taking care to make sure there are no holes for the filling to slip out.
- Brush burgers with olive oil on either side, then grill for about 3-5 min per side until beef is cooked to your taste. Toast the buns if you want during the last minute of cooking then serve!
Now let's start planning that next summer BBQ! Boom.