Homemade Mint Chocolate Fudgesicles (Video!)
These Homemade Mint Chocolate Fudgesicles are a delicious and dairy-free way to satisfy chocolate craving – and you can change flavours with different extracts!
These Homemade Mint Chocolate Fudgesicles are seriously my last ditch effort to hang on to summer. I've always dreaded the Labour Day weekend every year because to me it signifies the end of long, carefree summer days – a bittersweet ending to sunny patio days filled with cocktails, tacos, ice cream treats and burgers on the BBQ.
But these Fudgesicles. They're basically why I'm telling fall to hold off for just a few more weeks.
I always have mixed feelings about this month. In a way, September has always signified a new beginning in my life: the beginning of a fresh new school year. And for the first time in my life, I WON'T be starting school this year!!!
I mean, I would hope that by 25 and with a Master's degree I will never have to set foot in a classroom again unless I'm gonna be paid to teach in it. Imagine that, ehh? Teacher Taylor. Professor Taylor.
We'll see! 😉
As much as I'm kind of sad to see my school years pass me by and will miss the camaraderie of the classroom (along with an excuse to get into REAL PEOPLE clothes), I'm ultimately so happy to have more time to focus on working full time.
No more worrying about crazy deadlines or working 80 hours a week trying to balance full time work and full time school. I seriously feel spoiled over here.
And with more time to dedicate to being a full time food blogger and freelance photographer, I'm finally starting to integrate more videos into my blog! Waaaaahooooooooo!
So if you love food, and you like videos that teach you how to make cool recipes, then PLEASE subscribe to my Youtube channel! It would seriously mean the world to me. And you'd be completely up to date whenever I post my latest recipe videos, so you'll always have something cool to make whenever you run out of inspiration. <3
But enough of me trying to plug my stuff. All you need to do now is head on into the kitchen, and MAKE THESE HOMEMADE MINT CHOCOLATE FUDGESICLES.
Just do it.
Homemade Mint Chocolate Fudgesicles
- Popsicle molds
- 2 cups plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder 2if you want a less rich fudgesicle
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted (optional)
- 1/4 tsp green food colouring optional
- In a large bowl, microwave almond milk for 2 1/2 min until almost boiling. Mix in cocoa powder, whisking until completely dissolved. Add in chocolate chips stirring until completely melted. Add vanilla and mint extract, then salt.
- Pour into popsicle molds, then freeze 6-8 hours or overnight until completely frozen.
- When popsicles are ready to eat, melt white and dark chocolate in small microwave bowls. Mix in green food colouring with white chocolate if desired to create the "minty" look.
- Scoop each into plastic sandwich bags, then cut a small hole in the corner of each bag. Drizzle chocolate overtop of fudgsicles (you may need to run popsicle molds under warm water to free the fudgsicles).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!