This Easy Healthy Pasta Carbonara is an indulgent, lighter version of pasta carbonara with turkey bacon and lots of vegetables as well as fresh pasta!
This post is sponsored by Philips – thanks for supporting the brands that help keep my blog up and running!
Since we are getting ready for the holiday season, I thought now would be a good time to introduce a new delicious dinner idea that's just perfect for hosting family and friends! Trust me, this luxuriously creamy Pasta Carbonara definitely fits the bill, and is sure to impress whoever comes over for dinner during the happiest time of the year!
And guess what?!
It's even made with homemade pasta!
Now I know we are usually all about easy eats over here at The Girl on Bloor, and I know that typically I provide more meal prep-based recipes. But when Philips approached me to partner with them on some of the best kitchen appliances around, the foodie in me couldn't help but make an exception for a little bit more of an intensive pasta recipe – and since it's our last post together for the year I thought we should go all out!
Many of us struggle with holiday hosting and coming up with delicious eats, but creating something gourmet doesn't have to be overly complicated. A little something special like homemade pasta is sure to take any recipe over the top and impress your guests, so today we're going to be discussing the Philips Viva Pasta and Noodle Maker and how it can help bring a little bit of extra holiday cheer to your dinner table!
The Philips Viva Pasta & Noodle Maker is a fully automatic solution that enables you to prepare fresh pasta from scratch without spending a lot time in the kitchen or having to learn any special skills. I was able to create fresh fettuccine pasta with just a little bit of flour, egg and water, and the pasta maker did all the “heavy lifting” for me, automatically kneading the dough and extruding the pasta.
And you can make more than just fettuccine! The machine comes with spaghetti and penne disks as well, so you can make up to 450g of fresh pasta in just 18 minutes! Honestly, this is the most genius part about the Philips Pasta Maker – everything is done automatically so you can get to work prepping your other ingredients and pasta sauce.
The fresh homemade pasta is perfect to add to right into any skillet since it cooks so quickly. Skip the 10 minute boiling time on the stove and all the extra dishes that come along with it. All the parts are detachable for easy assembly and cleaning, and the pasta maker comes in a compact size so you can easily fit it onto your kitchen counters and cupboards without occupying a lot of space.
The Philips Viva Pasta Maker helps you find balance when it comes to eating better at home and creates the most delicious results! You get perfect bouncy dough with the long kneading tube that guarantees an optimal kneading process, and the stirring bar is featured with angled multi-pins to ensure the flour and liquid is mixed evenly and thoroughly from every corner in the mixing chamber. And seriously, it's just as easy as adding ingredients you already have on hand at home so no running to the store to whip up this pasta either.
How to Make Healthy Homemade Pasta Carbonara
Now let's get more into the nitty gritty of this healthy pasta carbonara.
Basically, I added a whole pile of veggies to make this pasta more of a balanced meal, and used turkey bacon instead of pork bacon to lighten up the dish. In terms of sauce, it's so easy! All you need are two eggs, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and a little water. Mix that all up, cook your bacon and veggies, then toss all the toppings with the egg mixture and fresh pasta and dinner is ready in no time!
For a gourmet meal for all your guests, this dish comes together super easily and in record time – show the people you love a little bit of extra care this holiday season with homemade pasta. And trust me, the Philips Pasta Maker is also the perfect holiday gift for that special foodie in your life too!
Will you be making this Healthy Homemade Pasta Carbonara?
Philips Viva Pasta Makers are widely available online and in stores across Canada including at: Canadian Tire, Hudson’s Bay Company, Amazon, and specialty appliance retailers.
Easy Healthy Pasta Carbonara
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 1 (8 oz) package Button mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- To make fresh pasta: Whisk egg and water together in a small bowl. Add flour to the Philips Pasta Maker, making sure you have selected the fettuccine shape. Turn pasta maker on and press start. Flour will start to mix. Slowly add in egg and water mixture through the slot in the lid - pasta maker will start to mix together dough and press out pasta; wait until the pasta is all in a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, fry up turkey bacon in a large skillet. Remove when fully cooked and set aside. Whisk eggs, water and parmesan cheese together in a bowl and set aside.
- Add half of the olive oil to skillet and sauté mushrooms whole (I used very small button mushrooms) for 7-8 min until mushrooms are almost fully cooked. Add garlic and red pepper, sautéing another 2 minutes, then chop up turkey bacon and add back in along with peas.
- Add fresh pasta and egg-water-parmesan mixture to the skillet and gently toss to coat, cooking another 2 minutes or so and seasoning with salt and pepper; serve in large bowls and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!