These Crustless Jalapeño Mini Quiches are the perfect bite-sized appetizer to serve at your next family gathering and are so easy to make!
Ingredients and substitutions:
- Eggs – you can also use just the egg whites or an egg substitute if preferred.
- Broccoli – veggies like chopped kale, bok choy or even asparagus would be great in this recipe.
- Red peppers – any colour of bell pepper can work. Green and yellow will offer a bit of a sweeter taste.
- Jalapeños – serrano pepper or poblano peppers are good substitutes if you enjoy the heat. If spice isn't your thing, you can swap for some additional bell peppers instead.
- Red onions – yellow or white onions will also work. You can use leeks or chives if you don't have any onions on hand.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – you can shred the cheese by hand or use the pre-shredded cheese. Any other hard cheese can work too, like shredded gouda or Colby cheese.
- Milk – feel free to swap out for your favourite dairy-free substitute like unsweetened almond milk.
- Salt & pepper – to taste.
How to make mini quiches
- Whisk together all the ingredients.
- Grease your muffin tins.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
More mini quiche flavours
The broccoli, red peppers, red onions and jalapenos in this recipe are so yummy with a bit of kick – but feel free to get creative with the toppings! You can mix and match with different veggies and protein to create different flavour combinations. Just make sure that if you’re using protein that it’s been fully cooked first. Here are some ingredient ideas:
- Bacon (or turkey bacon for a lower calorie alternative)
- Bits of sausage
- Swiss cheese, feta cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
Frequently Asked Questions
These mini quiches are ready in a flash since they only need to bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
If you find that your crustless quiches are a bit watery, you likely put in too much liquid. Make sure you don’t add in more than 1/8 a cup of milk or your quiches won’t set properly.
This recipe has just 25 calories per mini quiche.
Storing and reheating
These mini quiches can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days. Ensure that the quiches are completely cool before placing them in the fridge.
To enjoy these mini quiches warm, microwave them for 1-2 minutes or until hot. They’re also great for school/work lunches or as a quick on-the-go breakfast. Just pack them up in a Ziploc bag or a container to take with you.
Freezing this recipe
You can also freeze these mini quiches in batches. Once they're fully cooked and have cooled completely, you can place them in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag and freeze them for up to 2 months. When you're ready to eat them, defrost as many as you'd like in the fridge overnight. Eat them cold or warm them up using the reheating instructions above.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
More baked egg recipes
- Grab & Go Turkey Bacon Egg White Cups
- 5-Ingredient Meal Prep Egg White Frittata
- Copycat Oven-Baked Starbucks Egg Bites
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- Grab some glass meal prep bowls if you plan on turning these quiches into breakfast or lunch.
Crustless Jalapeño Mini Quiches
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeños deseeded
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare all veggies by chopping as small as possible. Whisk eggs, milk, veggies and cheese in a large bowl.
- Grease mini muffin cups with olive oil and carefully pour egg mixture into egg cups, filling to a couple of millimetres to the top.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and serve on a large serving platter.