These Crispy Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Halloumi cheese are the most delicious, oven-roasted fall side dish and ready in just 15 minutes!
How to make this recipe
- Cook bacon in a large pan over med-high heat, about 2-3 min.
- Add diced halloumi cheese and fry for 1-2 min.
- Wash and slice brussels sprouts in half and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Then toss with bacon and halloumi cheese.
- Spread among a parchment-lined baking sheet, then bake in the oven for 12 min, tossing halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy
Ingredients and substitutions
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil – any neutral oil can be used as a substitute for olive oil
- Bacon – regular bacon or turkey bacon can both be used.
- Halloumi cheese – paneer, tofu or feta cheese can be used as similar substitutions for halloumi cheese.
- Garlic – fresh or jarred minced garlic will both work in this recipe.
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Storing and reheating
This dish will last in the fridge for up to three days, though it is best to make this recipe fresh. The halloumi and bacon won't reheat well and may lose their texture once refrigerated. If you're planning on making this dish for the week, prepare the brussels sprouts ahead of time and then make the bacon and halloumi prior to serving.
To reheat any leftovers you have in the fridge, just pop the container in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until fully warmed. Serve and enjoy!
Can you freeze this recipe?
Unfortunately, this recipe is not freezer friendly. The halloumi cheese and cooked bacon will not reheat well after being frozen. Fortunately, you can freeze any extra brussels sprouts for a later time. Once you've frozen any blanched brussels sprouts in an airtight container for 10 months. Allow them to thaw in the fridge overnight and then microwave for a few minutes or bake as instructed to make this recipe.
Want to Learn How to Meal Prep? Join Dinner Prep Pro!
Our meal planning service removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night thanks to our prep ahead checklists. It takes just one hour of ingredient prep on a Sunday!
More sheet pan recipes
Meal prep tools
- Grab some glass meal prep bowls if you plan on turning this recipe into your weekly lunches.
- Grab a sheet pan to make this recipe!
Crispy Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Halloumi
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts sliced in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices bacon or turkey bacon
- 1/2 small block halloumi cheese diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cook bacon in a large pan over med-high heat, about 2-3 min. Add diced halloumi cheese and fry for 1-2 min. Meanwhile, wash and slice brussels sprouts in half.
- In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts in olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss with bacon and halloumi cheese.
- Spread mixture among a parchment-lined baking sheet, then bake in the oven for 12 min, tossing halfway through.
- Remove from oven, serve immediately and enjoy!