Coconut Shortbread Cookies + Salted Caramel Buttercream
These Coconut Shortbread Cookies with Salted Caramel Buttercream are a delicious twist on a favourite holiday cookie – and they’re ready in just 25 minutes!
Get ready to be bombarded with holiday cheer everyone!!!
Today I’m bringing you a giant slew of Christmas cookies thanks to a cookie exchange I’m participating in with some of my favourite Canadian bloggers!
And can I just say that even though it’s 9:24 in the morning, I’m already munching on Christmas cookies?
It’s the newest trend in breakfast, okay!!!
These Coconut Shortbread Cookies with Salted Caramel Buttercream are seriously the bomb.com!!!
I really didn’t know what to expect when developing the recipe for the first time to be honest.
I mean, baking ain’t always my thang. It’s more an exact science, and it can be such a time consuming process to get the perfect cookie. You have to test and retest multiple times to get it right, and you certainly don’t want anyone to recreate them, only to bring them to a holiday potluck and be embarrassed because you brought hockey pucks.
I swear, I’m really *not* speaking from personal experience. Hehe.
But despite my hesitation and love-hate relationship with baking, I really worked myself up into the Christmas spirit to put together a recipe that is TO DIE FOR. And I have had multiple testers for these Coconut Shortbread Cookies too. 😉
If you know anything about me at all, then you’ll know I’m obsessed with coconut and caramel combined as a flavour profile.
So while I really tried my hardest to put together a peppermint shortbread cookie given my obsession with candy canes this time of year, I just knew I had to really look deep down in my heart and figure out what my ultimate dessert combo was.
A little experimentation, a little toasting of some coconut here and mixing dulce de leche with buttercream there, and we have these genius shortbread cookie sandwiches.
And I just can’t deal.
I may even have some sitting out on my kitchen counter right now. I told you I wasn’t lying when I said I was eating cookies at nine in the morning…
And because I’m a piggyguts this time of year and need to gorge myself to death on sweets while it’s still acceptable *before those dreaded New Year’s resolutions come along*, I’m sharing some other delicious cookie recipes from my other favourite Canadian food bloggers for our very special Christmas cookie exchange
Get your fill below:
- Austrian Husarenkrapferl Cookies by Evelyne at CulturEatz
- Nanny’s Molasses Cookies by Laura at Bluenose Baker
- Candy Cane Kissed Chocolate Chip Cookies by Fareen at Food Mamma
- Chocolate Candy Cane Biscotti by Amanda at Peppers & Pennies
- Christmas Piñata Cookies by Karin at The Kitchen Divas
- Crispy Spicy Almond Roccoco Italian Cookie Recipe by Maria at She Loves Biscotti
- Double Chocolate Mint Cookies by Diana at 365 Days of Easy Recipes
- Eggnog Madeleines by Samantha at My Kitchen Love
- Eisenbahner (Railroad) Cookies by Vicky at Tiny Sweet Tooth
- Gluten Free Thumprint cookies by Jenn at One Heart One Family
- Jewish Shortbread Cookie Pie by Jo-Anna at A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
- Peppermint Macarons by Cristina at I Say Nomato
- Sablés Bretons with Chocolate Caramel Beurre Salé by Hilary at Cocoa Bean, the Vegetable
- Stained Glass Gingerbread Cookies by Megan at Food & Whine
- Stuffed Double Chocolate Turtle Cookies by Cassie at Crumb Kitchen
- Thumbprint Caramel Shortbread Cookies by Kacey at The Cookie Writer
- Toasted Flour Sablés by Kimberlie at The Finer Cookie
- Triple Chocolate Pistachio Cookies by Marie at Food Nouveau
- Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Ginger Crisps by Melanie at The Refreshanista
And seriously take notes you guys!!!
Which ones will you be recreating for the holidays?
Can I just say I want to make them all?!
Will you be making these Coconut Shortbread Cookies with Salted Caramel Buttercream? If you try any of my recipes be sure to let me know on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or in the comments – I’d love to see what you come up with!